Kick off December by attending or participating in Clarksville’s annual Christmas Parade, December 7th at 6:30 pm. What’s more fun than marching December in with a Christmas Parade, cant think anything? me either. So come enjoy the floats, bands, & see Santa in his sleigh!
It’s time to register for the Clarksville Christmas Parade ENTRY FORM must be received in the Clarksville Lake Country Chamber Office by Tuesday, November 30, to be eligible for the December 7th event. We are seeking participants—beauty queens, businesses, community clubs, organizations, churches, antique vehicles and others interested in making this the best parade to date.
This year’s Grand Marshal will be Data Center Manager, Dan Lingren with HP! HP proudly supports the Clarksville community and has been an ongoing sponsor of the Annual Lakefest Festival. HP continues to create new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. To learn more about working for HP visit: www.hp.com/go/hpesuspsjobs.
The parade will be fun-filled with no competitions and each entry is required to adhere to the parade regulations below. The parade is hosted and sponsored by the Clarksville Chamber and the Town of Clarksville. For more info, contact the Chamber at (434) 374-2436.
RULES & REGULATIONS
- Registered entries only—deadline November 30th; no Santa on any entry. Line-up format is provided when registering is completed.
- All entries must be decorated in a Christmas theme for the Holiday and abide with these parade rules and regulations.
- No candy may be thrown from entries; walkers alongside may hand candy to the children.
- No sirens, horns or air-horns may be used.
- Drivers of all entries must have a valid driver’s license.
- No entry may halt the parade (only exception will be marching bands).
- Participants must be in line by 6:15 p.m. sharp; specific line-up location is provided with the registration form.
- The Parade Committee reserves the right to reject any and all entries for any reason before and during the parade. No inappropriate actions or displays will be tolerated.
Please be aware that Highway 58 Business will be closed to truck traffic (trucks will need to utilize the Highway 58 Bypass) from 6-8 pm. During this same time, Virginia Avenue (2nd to 9th Streets) will be closed to vehicle traffic from 6-8 pm. So parade preparations may be completed, parallel parking along the parade route will be eliminated beginning at 5 pm through the duration of the parade.