The 18th annual Harvest Days Festival will bring a major celebration to Virginia’s only lakeside town on October 4th & 5th and most activities are free to the public. Please note that Virginia Avenue from 3rd to 6th will be closed from 7 am to 9 pm on October 5th to accommodate all the activities & safety concerns, during the Harvest Days Festival!
Starting, Friday October 4th (4-7 pm)
Mecklenburg’s Finest Chili Cook-off – Virginia Avenue Mall’s Back lot. Enter your best Chili, Stew or soup recipe & compete for your Charity. Or stop by and taste the entries. For more information contact the Virginia Avenue Mall at 434-374-5949
Oktoberfest Beer Garden (7 pm- 10 pm)
We are bringing the beer garden back again this year, with a slight change it will be Friday evening 7 pm to 10 pm, before the actual Harvest Days Festival. This event for 21 years of age and older. ID will be needed to get into the gate. The location will be at the corner of 5th & Virginia Avenue in the grassy lot near New York Life. The cost is $7 at the gate, which includes first glass & an Oktoberfest bottle Koozie. There will be great selection of fall craft beer available for $3 a glass. The Craft offerings will be Shiner Oktoberfest, Leinenkugel’s Orange, Woodchuck Fall Cider. On tap we will have New Belgium Pumpkick, Sam Adams Oktoberfest
To entertain us… DoubleShot Acoustic, a 3 piece band based out of South Hill, Va. Members include Colt Rodwell (lead vocalist), James Gaskins (Bass), and Kevin Smiley (Guitar). Each member has performed with several bands over the years and has come together to give you an exciting variety of explosive music!! Our arsenal of tunes includes Classic Rock, Country, Motown, Funk, Blues!!! We play some older classics and mix it in with a twist of new TOP 20 from today!!
For more information contact our office at Clarksville Lake Country Chamber of Commerce, 105 Second St, Clarksville. 434-374-2436
Crafts, Food, Vendors (9am – 3pm)
Over 50 craft, food & commercial vendors that will line up along Virginia Avenue from 9am to 3 pm, offering everything from fall decorations, baked goods, funnel cakes, antiques, antiquity and specialty items.
Children’s Activities (10am-2pm)
Activities for the children will be from 10am- 2 pm, starting at the corner of 4th & Virginia Avenue, Cornerstone Farms will host their farm of pet friendly animals & pony rides, Chris Williamson, will be offering free hayrides for everyone from 10 am to 2 pm. At the corner of 5th & Virginia Ave will be games & crafts for the children. In the craft section for $1 they can decorate a pumpkin, make a memorable fall picture frame or a fall necklace. The game area, kids can purchase a $5 game card that has ten fun games that they play for points and once they finish they add their points up and bring it to the prize table and choose their matching prize. Bring your kids to the Scarecrow & Sunflower cutout board and take a memorable picture of them and their fun day at the Harvest Days Festival! The scarecrow character board was painted by Ray Cherry, Boydton, VA.
Give me Shelter-Paws on Parade (10am-12:30)
Enter your favorite dog in this fun fundraiser for the SPCA. Applications available at the Chamber office or download here! ENTRY FEE $25 per DOG SHOW OFF YOUR POOCH! COMPETE FOR FABULOUS PRIZES! Includes a Photo of You & Your Dog, plus a fun Doggie-Goodie Bag for the first 25 Dogs Entered
CONTESTS & PRIZES!
- Best Dressed
- Best Owner-Dog Look Alike
- Most Unique
- Saddest Face
- Ugliest Dog
- Best Trick
Absolute Auction (Noon-?)
Absolute Auction items for the 15th annual Harvest Days Festival will be going on the “auction block” in Downtown Clarksville Saturday, October 5, at noon. A total value of over $2200 of superb items have been received for the auction and provided to the Chamber by members—so it will definitely be a “crowd-pleasing event.”
Listed here are the items along with the Clarksville Chamber Businesses that graciously donated towards this auction:
- Autumn Flag with Candle & Decorative flowers~ Avenue Floral & Design
- Lawn & Garden Sprinkler~ Berry Hill Irrigation
- Duck Dynasty Cutting Board~ Bobcat’s Bait & Tackle
- Shark Pillow~ Bobcat’s Bait & Tackle
- Fishing Rod & Reel~ Bobcat’s Bait & Tackle
- Black Messenger Bag~ Clarksville Chamber
- Blanket & Coffee Mug~ Clarksville Chamber
- LED swivel lantern & work light~ Clarksville Chamber
- Rubbermaid Cooler~ Clarksville Ace Hardware
- 2010-2013 Youth small Lakefest t’s~ Clarksville Chamber
- 2010-2013 Youth Medium Lakefest t’s~ Clarksville Chamber
- 2 X 2013 Lakefest T-shirt~ Clarksville Chamber
- XL 2013 Lakefest T-shirt~ Clarksville Chamber
- Decorative Witch with Candle Holder~ Clarksville Furniture
- Jim Shore Pilgrim Figurine~ Clarksville Furniture
- 1 Day Pontoon Rental Boat~ Clarksville Marina, Inc.
- $10 Gift Certificate~ Clarksville Tire
- $10 Gift Certificate~ Clarksville Tire
- Frontline for Cats~ Clarksville Vet
- Frontline for Dogs~ Clarksville Vet
- Inflatable Lounge Float~ Water Sports
- One night stay at the Inn~ Cooper’s Landing Inn
- Handmade Blue Scarf ~ Creative Images/Myrna McGunis
- Orange Fall Mum~ Docks-n-More LLC
- 4 Plastic Tailgating Chair Cups~ DoodleBug’s
- Set of five ornament owls~ Farm Bureau Insurance
- Wine & Cheese for Two~ Galleria
- Flickering Light Canvas~ Grandfather’s Country Creations
- $10 Gift Certificate~ Great Wall Chinese Restaurant
- Hand Carves Hummingbird pendant~ (Hall’s) Lakeside Gallery
- Brighton Gift Bag (Scarf, Cell phone holder, sunglasses case) ~ Hite’s
- Lake Country SPCA Cookbook~ Holly Burnette/LCSPCA
- One Hour Massage~ Lakeside Therapies
- Custom Corn hole Boards~ Lakeside Video Tan & Gift
- Decorative Tole Tray~ Lynn Smith (VA Ave Mall booth)
- Decorative Wooden Star with White Lights~ Mike Wagstaff Construction
- $25 Gift Certificate~ Morningstar’s Bed Bath & Curtain Outlet
- Evercraft 36 pc. SAE & Metric socket set~ Clarksville Auto (NAPA)
- Automatic Inflatable Life Vest~ Southside Marina & Auto
- Intex Inflatable Downy Bed, Queen Size~ Talbert’s Building Supply
- $25 Gift Certificate~ the Lamplighter
- $25 Gift Certificate~ the Market/Ann Gordon
- 6 Months Free Household Membership~ the Mecklenburg YMCA
- $20 Gift Certificate~ the Pizza Pub
- “Two Mecklenburg Towns, Boydton & Clarksville” Book~ Town of Clarksville
Proceeds will benefit the Chamber’s upcoming projects, which include the “Holiday Open House” on November 24th, and the Clarksville Christmas Parade slated for December 6th. The absolute auction will be conducted at the front entrance of Virginia Avenue Mall, 317 Virginia Avenue. Preview the auction items on display in one of the Mall’s front windows.
Lake Country Cruisers ~ Cruise In (4pm)
Starting at 3 pm the Lake Country Cruisers will cruise-in to showcase their cool ride for the last time this year from 4 pm to 9 pm, along Virginia Avenue.
Harvest Days festival is coordinated by the Clarksville Lake Country Chamber of Commerce. For more information contact the Clarksville Chamber, 374-2436.